What are Hydrotherapy Baths?
Hydrotherapy is a form of alternative medicine that involves the use of water. It is used for pain relief and treatment of a number of conditions and diseases. Hydrotherapy baths or whirlpool baths have water jets like a jacuzzi. Baths have holes where water is jetted out under pressure, which massages the body and stimulates the immune system.
The use of water for therapy has been around for hundreds of years, as far back as the ancient Greeks and Romans. It forms an integral part in many traditional medicine systems. Learn why it is so beneficial for your health.
How Does Hydrotherapy Work?
The pressure of the water jets on the skin gets carried by nerves deep into the body. This massage-like feeling kneeds your body. The temperature of the water will give different reactions to the body. Hot or warm water is good for soothing the body and slow down your internal organs. Cold water will stimulate and invigorate increasing internal organ activity like circulation.
When you submerge in water there is a feeling of weightlessness which relieves pressure from joints, thereby decompressing cartilage and promoting repair.
To learn about the scientific evidence-based effects of Hydrotherapy applied to the body, click here.
Cold water hydrotherapy has many benefits. It will stimulate and invigorate, increasing internal organ activity like circulation. Boosts your immunity, increases energy levels, fights depression. Cold water hydrotherapy is actually used in many spas and clinics and you can read more about the benefits of cold water hydrotherapy here.
Benefits of our Hydrotherapy Baths?
- Reduce muscle tension which relieves pain – Hydrotherapy baths reduces muscle tension and relieves pain due to the support the water gives the body, and due the pressure from the water jets. They stimulate the release of endorphins which is natures natural pain reliever.
- Boosts the immune system – Hydrotherapy baths increase blood flow and circulation which in turn allows the body to flush out and get rid of unwanted toxins, which in turn helping to fight colds and illnesses.
- Natural detox – Hydrotherapy is a natural detox due to the increase of the circulation. Offers detoxification to the kidneys, liver, colon, skin and lymphatic system.
- Self pampering – When you have a hydrotherapy bath installed it encourages us to incorporate self-care and self-pampering into our daily routine, just just now and again at a spa.
- Relieves stress -Hydrotherapy baths reduce blood pressure caused by stress. They can also help with anxiety to due the release of endorphin’s.
Conditions Helped by Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy is used to treat many illnesses and conditions including:
- Stomach problems
- Joint, muscle, and nerve problems
- Sleep disorders
Our Hydrotherapy Baths
All of our walk in baths come as standard but can also have the whirlpool water jets. We believe our baths are the best in the market because they are built to last. We only use frames that are welded together as a bolted frame will move. Also we use three layers of high gloss Gelcoat and four layers of high-efficiency glass-fibre.
Request Free Brochure & Prices
If you are considering the purchase of a walk in bath for its hydrotherapy benefits, please note the Regency, Lancaster and the Mayfair are available as a Soaker, Air Hydro Spa, Water Whirlpool or the Dual ( combined Air & Water).
Any questions on our hydrotherapy walk in baths? For the North call 0161 870 2545, for Midlands call 01952 457 991, for the South call 0207 1019340 or Freephone 0800 612 5954.
You can email us at info (at) walkinshowersandbaths (dot) co (dot) uk or fill out the form and we will be in touch soon.